View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 10:05 AM
threeighteen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post
Tony C thinks everyone should have the Legacy plan with FAE increases. I agree, but thats a dream world.
Why is it a dream world? UPS just secured increases (albeit meager ones) without giving it up for newhires or dividing their pilot group.

The company has said that financially thats not going to happen.
So what? that's why we had a strike vote.

We have seen the first budge in the retirement ever.
No we haven't. We gave up the retirement for new-hires to fund the retirements of seniors. We just robbed peter to pay paul, and the company is getting a decent cut of that too.

Guys thinking they are going to get higher hourly pay rates and a retirement fix if this TA is turned down are dreaming.
We're not. We're just not easily led blindly into voting yes like some of the guys who think this is the best we're gonna get.

Once the retirement if fixed then there is the way to get the higher pay rates.
So if this passes, then we can start try to fix retirement in contract 2030, and then after that we start focusing on higher pay rates? Why not just vote no and fix retirement now, and secure the industry leading pay we deserve now? Why wait?

We have been negotiating at least three contracts in my career trying to fix retirement. Finally that may happen and it would be great to finally be negotiating a TA on other key issues.
So then we should do it right, instead of this disaster.

But for those complaining about pay rates, the rates proposed on this TA are the highest every we have had.
And fall short of inflation, our peers, etc and we'll be working more to get them.

Don't throw percent and CPI at me. A 50K increase for WB captains at DOS and a 100K increase over 4 years is substantial.
No I will throw CPI at you. It's absolutely relevant and some small 5 figure sums that you throw out can't dismiss that. 100k over 4 years is honestly pathetic.

The reduction from 15yr cap to 12yrs is substantial also.
One of the few good things, but not having industry leading pay negates it.