View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 02:23 PM
Flying Boxes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post
Not sure why this isn't an option. I know many younger guys feel this way. I think the problem facing the Union is trying to keep a DB plan. I think its a very slippery slope to try to just get rid of the DB plan and go to straight DC contributions. You know some guys are going to be ****ed and probably sue if the DB plan is gone or changed and its not available. The MCBP plan isn't new and just made up by our Union though. This type of plan is being offered to high income employees at other places than the airlines. The plus side is the MCBP pays out at least a minimum fixed amount when you retire and that is what our current DB does. I think we are at a point with the retirement DB plan that too many people want too many solutions. There's a lot of IRS issues that come into play and perhaps thats why this plan came up. I'd look up MCBP plans outside of what the TA says and definitely not what is said here.
Company artificially keeping contributions down by using IRS limits that do NOT apply to MBCBP.

talked to a financial advisor. He does these all the time. He laughed at our TA MBCBP! Thinks it’s a screw job.