View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 10:54 AM
mdeshazo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2023

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
The casual way in which the NC @LAX roadshow just tossed the word FURLOUGH out there, on a slide, is disgraceful. For many of us, who have gone through a real furlough, that was the NC taking this sales job too far. You don't casually throw that career-altering word, which has consequences for a pilot and his/her family. It is out of line for our union to speculate without data, on the wild *** guess that the TA passing would have guys leaving. That is actually very unlikely, given ANY payrate increase. Guys will stay here for 3 more years, after the year they told you they were going to retire. That won't change.
I agree. I DARTed it, scathingly, and haven't heard back. That was the single most unethical thing I have seen the MEC do in 17.5 years here. Whoever was responsible needs to be removed immediately. BUT, it shows me they are very worried about this if they are willing to go to those lengths. When this is over, regardless of the result, I want to find out if it is possible to raise the threshold of votes required to pass a TA to something like 60%, or 66%. That will make the MEC work harder to bring us a good TA and not just target 50%+1.