View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 02:13 PM
triggers
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2023
Question Can I join multiple cadet programs?

For example, if I'm attending United Aviate Academy, they require that you join their United Aviate cadet program. The info varies depending on the source, but it seems like they'll let you flow into United after around 1000 flight hours as regional captain.

If I'm looking to end up at either United or Delta, is it possible to also join Delta's Propel and decide later which one I want? Or is it a commitment to the airline from the moment I start school? i.e., 1 year school, 2 years wherever to build hours, 2-4 years at their own regional, then flow into their airline.

My goal is to get into either United or Delta as fast as possible. I have no life or financial obligations and can move anywhere and dedicate up to 120hrs a week for the next decade to this goal.

One reason I'm asking this question is that I've read on these forums that flow is the slowest way to getting into these major airlines, so if I attend United Aviate Academy and I'm stuck with their cadet program, then I am stuck with flow (and therefore should consider other flight schools; I hear it's something like UAA/Sling>UND/Aeroguard>CAE>>ATP).

Thanks in advance.