View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 05:27 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by HercMasterJ View Post
As someone who voted no the first ten seconds the vote opened up, I've come to a new understanding.

Here’s what I’ve concluded. Our compensation package is not only about pay rate but more heavily weighted towards retirement—far more than any other airline. Our total compensation per pilot exceeds any other airline by far…it might not in pay rate, but the total value of the package is industry leading. If we turn this down now, we may get an increase in pay rate, but the total compensation I doubt would grow very much, if any…especially if the NMB has any say, and they do. Our back pay per month, exceeds all other airlines…that’s what the NMB is looking at and they won’t push for any more from the company. If we go for a TA2, we will never capture the lost investment dollars, ever, and that’s because our compensation is so heavily retirement weighed. Yeah, this TA is not what I wanted, but this is where we are. We’re screwed…. TA2 can possibly put more monthly pay in our pockets, but it’d come out of retirement…and even if it didn’t, we’d never capture the interest lost—effecting the younger guys on the property the most.

I don't feel that this TA will reduce my quality of life. I'll accept the incremental improvements and pocket the cash...after all, this is all why we are here, to make money. This is a business decision.
How will furlough due to outsourcing Express flying affect your quality of life? Will you survive the 50% reduction in pilot headcount that this TA sets up for over the next 10 years or so?