View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 03:03 PM
AU MD FLYER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default Priority Jet update or changes?

Originally Posted by climbvia View Post
Hey, folks--I'm a PJ pilot...and the CEO. We sold the 60XR and bought another XL, (I did the OCF at the MCO service center yesterday). We operate 3 Citation XLs on an 8/6 schedule. We also have a PC-12 and are considering a CJ and a Bravo under management for shorter legs. The goal is to buy another 5/6 XLs in 2019. We have a few other A/C on management options that we will pursue selectively. We will be all XL/Sovereign as long as it's my call. We hire 4 crew per tail and an add'l CA for every 4 tails to cover school/vaca, etc.

Our crews are (as of this month) finally home-based. Our pay is well above Fly Exclusive and on par with DPJ. (I used to fly there and loved it.) Our former Chief Pilot and DO left to fly for Talon Air...fine. Our current DO and Chief fly the line...as do I.

We pay KCM and FAA Physicals. You keep airline points and hotel points. PIC decides the hotel and whether you need a rental car.

My goal is to hire very qualified folks who enjoy 135 pax and flying. We look for no drama. We don't fly broken airplanes. We MEL things to get to a place to fix it. We own all but one of our XLs and we count on our folks to fly standard; no hotshots.

If you have ANY questions about our operations of if you're interested in getting in the pipeline, please email me at: [email protected] and CC: [email protected]

Are there any updates, changes, growth, or perceived improvements for Priority Jet?