View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Jay5150
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 330 FO

Eric

From another thread you said:

"they chose only to look out for the original delta pilots not the up and coming delta pilots. I say this because it only takes effect once the merger goes through. at that same time all nwa pilots become delta pilots. you have to ask youself what did the delta pilots gain from this. it's leverage to hold over the nwa pilot in regards to the SLI. I'm not sure how this will play out but they also added a no furlough clause for their side only."

Absolutely False.

The pilot groups become one when a SLI is either agreed upon or arbitrated, and we begin working under a joint contract. The date that the merger goes through has nothing at all to do with it.

With regards to your last statement, the DAL MEC has absolutely no authority to negotiate anything for the NW guys right now. They could no more get them money, or work rules or equity or anything else any more than they could for the local Steel Workers Union.

You went on to say that DAL shouldn't have relaxed their scope and "damaged" this merger, I think is what you said. The DAL MEC believes that this merger is going through with or without pilot approval and with or without those contract changes. The LOA has to do with extracting value now (and not parking international airplanes by the way) so that the end result is a better joint contract for all of us. Not some sort of screw job for NW guys. How could it be? They are working under the exact same contract that they were before all this started. They won't be on a B-scale. We are 2 seperate pilot groups. The day that we are not, the joint contract goes into effect and everybody is paid the same rates.