Thread: Training period
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 07:17 AM
QRH Bingo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by Skyquest View Post
Can someone tell me how many weeks republics training period is? Also is it 5 days per week, full days? Are there any breaks during the training to possibly fly back home a few days? Thank you
If they are still doing the at-home systems study: 2 weeks INDOC, home for 2 week self study, then back to the training center for procedure training, flat panel training, sims. Procedure training was 5 days straight. Flat panel & sims can be a mix of multiple days straight or broken up with 1-3 days between. If it’s been 30 days and you wanna try to non-rev, you can, but in this climate I would advise against it. Flights are full and you could very well be stuck, unable to get back. That is not a conversation you want to have (in my opinion).

Originally Posted by Njflyguy View Post
. . . . You are non-rev so you can fly home as much as you want as long as you make it to your scheduled training times onsite.
FYI, Non-Rev benefits do not activate until 30 days on property (if I remember correctly) and your CASS approval (ability to jumpseat in the flight deck) will not be active until after you pass your LOE (checkride).