Thread: Career change?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 04:49 PM
Mmonroe194
New guy

Joined APC: Aug 2023

Originally Posted by Jmcgibbon View Post
I started flight training 18 months ago and did it P/T while maintaining my 9-5 city job that I’ve been at for 16 years. Bought into a career pilot in ____ months pitch by a flight school and financed it. Came up short on ratings due to a slew of issues. Some on my side, most on their side. Still, I do hold a commercial certificate with instrument and will be starting CFI Academy at a different school. Working FT and flight training will cause it to take longer and cost more but it’s doable. I’m not there yet, not even close, but at only 270 hrs and all of 49 years old I already have a CJO for a ULCC. Hoping to have CFI/I in the next couple months and start building hours. If I can build at a reasonable pace there’s a FO job waiting for me. Nothing in aviation is for sure and you always have to select an alternate regardless of what your plan A wx looks like. Good luck!!
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Entry-level flight training is the wild, wild west in the best of times. Right now it's a jungle, that's on fire with 40 kt winds. That's a whole 'nother discussion but bottom line: caveat emptor.
I am at a loss now. I'm sure you all get this a lot but I am not a great husband nor father but I'm getting so much grief for this now I am sorry anyone wasted time replying.

I have an interview Friday for the lift academy . I will def still participate. After that who knows.