View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 04:50 PM
GunReadyLight
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2023
Position: Guppy Cappy

Originally Posted by jetpilot4142 View Post
I am trying to decide between Airbus or 737. I am looking at being in Houston or Denver.

I have heard that the 737 has a much better QOL and much more seniority movement. I am wondering if this is still true after considering the higher number of Airbus vacancies now and the addition of the coming 321's?

I also heard that the 737 averages 3 legs a day vs the Airbus 4, the Airbus isn't EOW but the 737 is meaning better layovers etc. Can someone shed some light on these things and your projections for seniority movement and QOL? Thanks
Just my humble opinion, which isn't worth much! ... I've been in the right seat of the Bus and 756 for a few years each, and now left seat of the Guppy. I'll say that I miss the Bus for a total of about 5 minutes each work day, and that 5 minutes is the times I'm getting a running start to ram my bag into that man-satchel-sized bag holder, yanking it out, or climbing into the seat. Once I'm actually in the seat, it's just another jet. Maybe add a minute or two in there if we hit some moderate and I spill my egg frittata on my shirt, with no tray table underneath to catch the frag. Other than that, I don't miss it...and the Max's fly reeeal nice. The flying/layovers are great, but trip mixes come and go. The real advantage is the massive size of the categories for schedule flexibility. Again, just my .002 pesos. Cheers!