Thread: Future of Mesa
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Bricky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: E175 first officer

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
Dude, you're new to the industry (and excited to be here, I understand) but you just don't get it yet. Routes come, routes go. Mainline changes stuff around all the time throughout the year for whatever is required for their operational needs at that time. Just because RPA and SKW have taken over some routes, which may be "new" for today, doesn't mean the company is growing. RPA used to have a DEN base. OO had ATL, closed it, brought it back. They used to have LGA as well, at one time I believe.

Yes, you're being told that RPA is expanding based on "new" routes but that does not mean the company is growing overall. Routes routinely switch from one regional to another and is not necessarily indicative that one regional is growing while the other is failing. RPA is -600 pilots from 18 months ago and still shrinking, albeit slowing. What you perceive as "new and growing" is just business as usual - that was my point.
I am new to the industry so I sighted what my friends have told me.

They said, and Bedford said, that were going to expand south and it looks like we are according to them. Will it last? No idea. Just pointing out that Republic and Skywest are picking up routes from other carriers. Not saying it will last, or that it's the end of the runway for any regional. But a base out west would be nice lol