View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 08:45 PM
MedSledDriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Podrick View Post
Don't sell yourself short on how much being a dispatcher will add to your resume. I'd stay at your current employer, get current, and should have no issues getting interviews at any major.

Something that I haven't seen mentioned is... Theres something to be said about showing loyalty to an airline as well as upward career progression, I would say it generally would look good on paper in future interviews if you stay at the current ULCC and become a pilot there. If nothing else it would be a positive talking point in an interview.

I'll add a counterpoint regarding your training history; Completing initial new hire training with no further issues at a new airline would show future employers that the training failure is in the past and not something to worry about.

While this is true and not insignificant, and I could be wrong about this, but the loyalty could go either way; weather I go back to my old regional or stay at my LCC. union loyalty isn't an issue at all since, coincidentally, both work groups at both airlines are part of the same union.

The perceived upward progression you mentioned seems like a big deal, but the extent to which HR departments at legacies think of it as a big deal is what I'm trying to feel out. That would be the ONLY thing about staying at the LCC has going for it since pay, QOL, travel benefits... virtually everything else about staying sucks.

staying seems like buying the nicest house in the worst neighborhood in town. at this point it seems like a "shiny object" that doesn't have the value that I initially thought it did.