View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 11:27 PM
Yuko
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by diamnd15 View Post
I’ve reached out to the company more than 6 months ago about an outside flying request. My fleet captain said it would probably be disapproved but sent it up the chain. It was denied.

After the mentions of overstaffing I reached out again to ask if there would be any relief, none.

I reached out to my block rep and via Dart. The basic answer I received is the company doesn’t have a process to account for the outside commercial flying time. No mention of making attempts to make it happen for the pilot group.

Taking a personal LOA with no outside flying would be approved.
Diamnd

Thanks for that update!

I read…We are overmanned but turning down folks for LOAs and not entertaining outside flying to entice members to do so.

So can we furlough? Sure, but the facts says that the threat is not a serious one. The longer TA2.0 takes the less impact “overmanned” will have as retirements grow.

To my fellow poster, Adler... Diamnd’s response illustrates where the Union could be engaging the company if we were truly overmanned and needed to shed pilots. We may be overmanned this minute but the facts show that we are not serious about shedding pilots.