Gets Weekends Off
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2021
  • Position
    Joystick Operator
Quote: dont take this the wrong way, but you don’t have to keep justifying to everyone on here why you work at F9. In every thread it’s the same thing. Glad you’re happy. But realize that the other pilots you correspond with don’t necessarily hate their job either. They are tired of the lack of support, terrible management, long CS hold times, communication failures, and overall incompetence witnessed on a daily basis. And there is no end in sight for any of the above.
That is understandable, I am not going to lie and say none of that happens, because it does. I guess it just depends on how much you want to deal with before you leave. The grass isn't always greener in some ways, but in a majority, I think the legacies just run a smoother operation overall due to the nature of not trying to cut costs at every turn.

Yeah, waiting 40 mins at 5:45am for MX to return a plane to service even though they had the paperwork at 5:15am confirming the MX was done is something that is annoying. Not having bottled water in base is ridiculous. Dealing with gate agents and public perception on a daily basis is annoying. Waiting for gate space, rampers, etc.

I would be way more concerned about these things if they were something that wasn't able to be fixed when some beancounter in corporate realized they lose more money because of these things and decided to fix them the next month. So much our issues are due to running a lean staffed operation. The typical "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies" deal.