View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by USMCFDX
FoxHunter you are like a broken record, and yes I am old enough to know what a broken record is. Maybe you should have got some more of your wiser friends to vote when the poll was taken. They probably all sat on their *ss and did nothing just like they did on the ANC LOA vote.
Just like all those pushing for the change. The issue is not going away. There is nothing in the change that will force anyone to go past age 60 if they choose. The question is about the option of going past age 60. Looks like most know it will happen, just don't want it until they are close. I've been told by the UAL people that five pilots are forced into retirement each day, most with little retirement. The UAL guys say they will be getting 20% of what was expected. I guess the official ALPA position it is fine to s-rew a large portion of its members. How about we give all the 727 flying to a feeder operator in return for better pension and pay rates for the rest of us. Why would anyone want to fly the 727 in any case.