View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 AM
rjcaptwife
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2006

We toured EK housing a few weeks ago.

You can expect temporary housing for about 6 months -- could be a studio apartment, 1 or 2 bedroom. We were told it could be the marina area, but then again, you won't know until it's assigned.

Regarding the villas, we were told "most likely" we would be in Mirdiff. It's an area just south of the airport. I belive those are scheduled to be completed around this fall.

The villa we toured was quite large. Four generous sized bedrooms (all on second floor) with built-in wardrobes, master has attached full bath, guest bedroom also has attached full bath, remaining two bedrooms share hall bath, first floor great room and kitchen. The maids quarters (small bedroom and full bath) are located directly off the front door.

Company furnishing are nice. Brown is the color of the moment -- brown couch, chairs, coffee table, end tables, dining table with chairs, beds, kitchen ware, etc. Not my first choice, but much nicer than I imagined. We would take the furnished option if he's offered the job. Everyone we spoke with is quite happy with the furnishings, except the mattresses. We were told that they're hard as rocks.

Hope this helps.