View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by sully606 View Post
Carl,It seems that you like to cherry tour assumptions. There have been many post giving you fairly acurate info and you use the "It's the internet anybody can make anything up", when you don't like what you read.Incidently, from the Delta guys I've talked to and from the MEC leadership the number one priority is getting the SLI completed and the two of us working under the same contract. I concur with these sentiments completely.Looking forward to working with you folks.
It IS the internet and anyone CAN make anything up. This isn't the first thing I've heard that was wrong and it won't be the last. In this situation of no official information, I've learned you have to question everything.

As far as what you hear from the Delta guys you talk to, I sincerely hope you're right. For the most part, I've always admired Delta Airlines. NWA managements were trying to destroy contracts way before it became fashionable to do so, while giants like Dave Garrett were building Delta by believing in its employees above all else. While I don't think Ron Allen did very much to continue the legacy of Dave Garrett, I think Richard Anderson believes in the same basic principles as did Garrett. I for one really hated to see Anderson go to United Healthcare. Anderson will be under FAR greater pressure than was Garrett, so only time will tell.

I too look forward to flying with you folks someday.

Carl