Thread: X-Ray Updates
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
There's this sentiment from part of the pilot group that PBS will absolutely destroy the airline and that ALL QOL (what little there is) will be killed by adding PBS. The only way that will come to pass is if the working rules that are negotiated with the implementation of PBS are garbage rules. Yes, trip-touching will go away. No, that is not the end all and be all of our contract. The negotiating committee will have to negiotate something similar to trip-touching or it's equivalent. That HAS to be done along with realistic implementation timelines, with drastic consequences for not meeting those deadlines.

I personally believe that the pilot group will not see a new contract if there is such a hardline stance on not getting PBS. The company has hitched its wagon to PBS and I do not see them un-hitching it, unless the pay rates are substantially less than industry-leading.
Spent several years at ZW. Current airline has PBS. My absolute worst seniority PBS month was better than any schedule I ever got at ZW.

I understand the pain of losing trip touching but it made non vacation months schedules wayyyyyyy better for me from 100%-40% seniority.

it is all about the parameters you use and the guard rails you put on the company.

Not advocating for either one, not my circus anymore, but anecdotally PBS doesn’t have to equal bad.