View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 03:57 PM
iahflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

I just cannot understand why the East guys are mad at the West guys, and vice versa. Seriously. Channel your anger towards who you should be mad at.

The west guys wanted some sort of relative seniority. The east guys came back with DOH, and nothing else! The arbitrator made a decision that screwed the junior east guys. I don't think anyone disputes that the junior east guys go screwed. But it is not the west's fault. Blame the arbitrator, and blame whoever was negotiating for the US Air east pilots. They knew they had no chance of getting DOH, but since that was all they offered, it went to binding arbitration, and then the arbitrator screwed the junior east guys.

Why would a west guy be mad at an east guy? Why would an east guy be mad at a west guy? The west pilots did not make the arbitration ruling. And my personal favorite, why the heck are the east guys mad at ALPA???
If the east pilots want to change this industry, they should not have voted out the world's most powerful pilots union.

It seems to me that the east guys are channeling their anger at the wrong people (the west and ALPA). This whole thing is stupid if you ask me. Ya, the junior east guys got screwed, but stop acting like children and grow up. If you would focus all this anger at management, maybe you won't have an industry worst contract for a legacy carrier.