Old 09-14-2023, 06:21 AM
JustInFacts
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2023

Originally Posted by NotMrNiceGuy View Post
I think it’s noteworthy that a few carriers offer an override for operating flights during the Window of Circadian Low.

Additionally, If I’m not mistaken, SWA prevents these operations entirely. I think that speaks to an increased level of difficulty.

Many non-aviation jobs offer premium pay for graveyard shifts.

I remember naively attending and OBAP/WAI conference years ago and the FedEx pilots said the company was proud to offer premium pay and vacation due to the more challenging work environment.

If the cargo carriers ever need pilots at the same time as passenger carriers, premium pay will have to come as there will be no other incentive to go to cargo. Stability is now common to all carriers. There must be a draw for cargo as QOL is better at the passenger side at this point.
Whoa, Fedex flies at night???? You didn't know that when you were seeking the job?

Now you are making stuff up about SWA. SWA lack of redeye flying had to do with their antiquated scheduling system.

When you got hired, our pay was behind DAL, UAL, AA, and UPS. So why did you come here?