View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 12:52 PM
tmtbiker
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
Thank you Gooselives. But can you tell me HOW it will improve. I honestly don’t see many changes aside from the 1:1 pay on 10+ hour duty days and the 5:15 min day pay.
I asked a FACT team member this exact question last week. I am a 70% NBCA and am worn out after endless months of 89:55 PBS awards, no drops, no trades down. All bid groups limiting credit award fail. There's no way to say on a fatigue FSAP 'Ive been working to 117 maximum for 12 straight months' and have it ruled operational.

FACT team member had nothing helpful to say. I honestly can't believe we didn't ask for an additional day off override, a pilot's discretion unpaid drop, sick accrual actually tied to how much you work, anything.

And before you ask, 10hr duty pay is nice but I DON'T WANT THE PAY. I want to see my kid. This shouldn't be an either/or as a line holder Captain at a legacy. I'm willing to give it another year to let the contract shake out, but after that it's off to 787 2.5 day trip/20hr credit/ 19 days off land.