View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 02:10 PM
rmcbear08
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Right Side Up

Originally Posted by Chrismo01 View Post
To create some clarity, if it weren't for the fear of furlough, I don't think it would be as difficult of a decision for me. Sure, starting all over again and being a probationary pilot and being at the bottom of the list isn't very appealing but I believe it would be worth it in the end.
Think you kind of just answered it there, but I’ll start with the usual questions first: How old? Married? Kids? Where you would ideally like to live?

The retirement numbers alone at the big 3 in the coming years should shield you from being furloughed if/when things come to that. My guess is that they would just slow/stop hiring instead of putting pilots on the streets if the economy starts to slip into a recession.

Don’t live in fear and have some talking head on the tv or internet scare you into making (or not making) a career decision. Use all the available information you currently have and make the best choice you can for you and your family. Trying to predict what might happen is a fool’s errand and will act as an anchor to achieving your long term goals.

I say take the interview with DL, see what happens and if you get the CJO then decide AA or DL based on where you want to live.

Best of luck to you! It’s a great problem to have for sure.