View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Exactly, the -9's were going to be retired eventually but they are being reduced quicker under the merged scenario. How is that only the NWA pilots problem?
Help me out if I'm wrong here, but I thought that your management, prior to any merger announcement, stated that domestic capacity was going to be pulled down an additional 5% this fall, including 10 additional DC9's being parked. There were additional A319/320 and 757 included to reach 15-20 jets, with no growth aircraft backfilling.

Note also the proffering of leaves for NWA domestic pilots during the summer schedule. Delta is at the contractual max for pilots right now.

Delta announced parking 15-20 jets (88, 757, 767 domestic) while taking delivery of 22 international jets during the same time period.

In those numbers lies the difference, and the location of the problem. We aren't merged airlines yet.

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Why not bring the compass guys over and put them on the bottom now? That is better for them instead of them waiting 30 months to flow over they can come over now and that would be good for everyone. The EJETs shouldn't have been on a different ticket in the first place.
These are questions with no political overtones...has your MEC stated that as a goal/gameplan? How many Compass pilots have flow-thru rights? How does that affect the Mesaba/Pinnacle guys?