View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 10:47 AM
leftapproved
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2023

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
idk if you’re drinking the koolaid straight from the tit but I’ll entertain you. You’re not wrong , startups have a high turn over. But in a post covid world where literally every industry is desperately seeking talent, it’s in breezes best interest to do everything in their power to retain ppl. They should be offering competitive compensation, benefits packages and should be creating a positive work life balance. Instead, it’s cut costs no matter what, even if it affects your entire work force negatively. Our mission statement should be “tripping over dollars picking up Pennies”. I’ve talked to guys who were both at JetBlue and Azul during the early years and it wasn’t like it is at breeze. If you want to work for allegiant 2.0, come on over! Just know this place will never ever be a place where the employee is valued, it’ll always come down to cost. How cheap can they go, to barely get the job done.
Yes, I fly blue aircraft. No, I am not on reserve.
Here are some raw takes:

The sky is not falling at Breeze today. I am not concerned about Breeze over the next 2-3 years. They will still be flying blue airplanes. 5-10 years.... no clue. I cannot comfortably pass up long term offers from SW, AA, UA, or DL while saying "things will get better" or "we will be more like JetBlue". That's a BIG IF. And to those who say "but why would you leave to become just another number at a major?".... You either 1) were never hirable by a major, 2) are making buckets of money as an LCP or Sim Instructor, or 3) don't understand that if any one of SW, AA, UA, or DL went under, airfare would become mostly unaffordable to the average traveler. Therefore, we are in a new era of airline business - The gov't will likely bail out any one of those airlines (no, I'm not talking AS, B6, F9, G4, etc...) in an attempt to keep that from happening. Oh yeah, and remember during COVID when they didn't furlough? They simply reduced pay/scheduling responsibility and offered VEOP programs. That's the new normal moving forward folks. SO.... that's why I would like to become "just another number" at one of the primary 4 airlines. I can say with almost 100% certainty that SW, AA, UA, and DL WILL be around in the next 20-50 years. Breeze? I CANNOT MAKE THAT ASSUMPTION. No, I likely will not experience a true furlough like many of you reading this probably did (my condolences). Oh, and you'll receive an 18% DC into a 401k.... Do I really need to keep going?

Breaking even/becoming profitable in 4-5 years from inception is..... INSANELY impressive. Just because management keeps pushing the target by 6 months does not mean things are bad. Fuel and Yields.... we know this already.

Management leaving.... over worked and underpaid - yes. That can be fixed with options. I think the bigger issue is alignment of vision and constant suppression. TP, MW, and LJ ARE Allegiant. Let me repeat... THEY WERE/ARE ALLEGIANT. They did not just come from Allegiant looking for a fresh start. They were specifically hired to bring the bones of the business to Breeze and make it a profitable beast. Furthering my prior point, where is Breeze in 10 years? Likely Allegiant 2.0 and/or gone. Let me support this even further - Neeleman has already tried to step back from Breeze once before. If you were here in '21-'22 you would know this. As soon as the IPO/acquisition hits... he's retiring.

Now to ALPA... I really hope they can get their footing. If you bought into the company listening to you via a "Playbook Committee".... or better yet an EMAIL ADDRESS...... let me repeat.... A F*^&ING EMAIL ADDRESS.... Lord help you.

Neeleman is a great guy. But make no mistake about it.... He is a stone cold business man. He will look you in the eye and be a great human being (because he mostly is) - but he will not give you the experience you want/need at Breeze until you force him to.