View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Scoop,

Interesting how you setup your scenarios. In my view here's what you should have said in the second paragraph: "Could a deal be fair that would result in a DAL guy getting furloughed at the combined company? You might say no, but I would say - yes, if you would have been furloughed at a stand alone DAL." You see, THAT would be a fair comparison. Unless you really don't think furloughs were a possibility at a stand alone DAL. Is that what you believe? Even though DAL made a big splash of cutting thousands of jobs and reducing capacity - still no furloughs? DAL hiring to stop in May - still no furlough concern?

Carl
Carl,
Everything you said above is 100% correct - but it is my scenario and thats how I choose to set it up. Of course it can flipped around but it is still correct. By the way I think furloughs are possible if not probable at both companies but I still think the junior NW guys are at greater risk.
Anyway our MEC chairman just put out a memo and maybe we will some positive information for both pilot groups.
Scoop