View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by ahardin View Post
I think this is a good observation actually. I meet the profile you're describing, except that I have 2 aviation degrees and prior military. I came back in as direct entry after being out for 10yrs. I'm a regional direct entry Captain on step 10 payscale, 47 yrs old and am seriously considering breeze. I'm a few weeks from check airman so the money will be good but there's big problems with attrition and company not doing right to pilots - like alot. I live in CLT and could get down to CHS pretty easily. The problem right now for guys like myself is that American is playing games and not hiring us outside the flow usually so it's not appealing to stay here for another 4yrs to flow. Additionally, you gotta go be an FO at American or other legacy or low cost, so the money isn't there. Breeze Direct Entry Captain position with "nice" aircraft and pretty high chance of success based on historical success of Neeleman. I think their pay is pretty good as well (mostly better than regional). It might be worth taking a chance to be on the top end of the seniority list. Gotta give back a little bonus $$ but could still be worth it. I'm all ears if I'm not thinking about this right. Seems like a good gamble to me though. Obviously, any startup has risks so I get that.
You need to leave your AA regional and go anywhere else, including Breeze. Once you update your AA application, you'll likely have an AA interview extremely quickly.
It doesn't matter where you go; Breeze is a good choice since it's a short drive for you.
All the best.