View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 06:52 AM
JustInFacts
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2023

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
Apologies for coming across so bitter. Truth is, I got the best gig I could imagine here, and feel really grateful about it. But thanks to some seniority I know. And from my experience here, it seems that today it takes more seniority to "hold" an equivalent QOL than it did before 2015CBA.

Many of our junior guys are voting with their feet. By this time next year it could be over 150-200? guys who will have left for the legacies. All smart individuals who just see where this is going after TA1, and the mentality that got us there. It is concerning to me as well. I don't want to go anywhere else and came here for a career, as 99% of our pilots came here for.

I don't really hold it against you Tuck, and I took it personal there, my apologies... I don't hold int against our bros and sisters here who have been educated by ALPA, it's the union that has let me down. Thing is, two lifetimes ago for me, ALPA - in concert with the company, negotiated Pref Bidding over line bidding. It was sold to us as a huge win for both pilots and FA's. Well, as it turned out, it was catastrophic to QOL, not exaggerating. Which is why I left there. I felt TA1 had the potential to be catastrophic to our seniority list. Just my take.

We have been settling for much less than the mega wealth we have helped earn for this corporation. Let's not do it again.

Peace.
Excellent post!

Hopefully people learn that they can't be engaged and involved only towards the end of negotiations. We need people to do their part from day 1.