View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 08:12 PM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A
Default Stellar Nonrev Experience - JSX

We flew JSX for a couples getaway into California wine country this weekend, using ZED fare. Great experience! All it's cracked up to be (for full-fare customers) on their website, and then some. Paired it with a car from their partner, GoRental. Got to feeling like "somebody" as we exited the jet to see a sign with our name on it, inviting us to our waiting car. I cannot overstate the lack of stress, hussle and bustle and overall turmoil of a "real" airport terminal experience. Security a non-issue (No liquid/gel restriction), relying on explosive swabbing and a sophisticated large walk-through scanner.

Load info not available on Flight Stats sadly, but we checked with a direct phone call to JSX 5 days out - day of travel numbers were pretty much the same .... 60% load factor. As far as I can tell, they don't have a showing of HK type folks. Mind you, we were in a one flight per day market. No waiting around for boarding confirmation; in the door, scanned and issued boarding passes on 2 legs.

If a bargain private jet-ish experience interests you, Google JSX. Concentrated in California, with a sizable KDAL operation also. Not designed for hub and spoke ops, but from my home in LAS, I could reach HPN or MCO (random examples of long range travel) with some inventive schedule planning. FYI there is a non-rev embargo on SNA ops and they are open to XCM for CASS participants. Why am I sharing this info on a seemingly undiscovered bennie? I ask myself the same question, but I know it won't fly under the radar for too long. Our experience was fantastic.