Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
av8or
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: This side of the dirt.

Originally Posted by FlyGirl007 View Post
ASTAR'S Race to the Bottom!

Attention all pilots/union members:

In an effort to influence DHL’s decision on the home for the 6 future 767-300 aircraft purchased from Boeing, the ASTAR MEC has executed the "race to the bottom" plan. In order to prevent these aircraft from landing at Atlas, Polar, ABX, or even EAT, the ASTAR MEC leadership is currently negotiating concessions in pay and work rules. This means they are willing to fly a heavy for less pay than the narrow body pay. This plan violates several ALPA national codes of ethic and at least one resolution.

The industry would like to thank you.
Hey Flygirl,

I know you have honor as a southern belle of Ole Miss bearing. I don't know what you have heard, actually, I'm pretty sure what you've "heard" based on your post, but before you go posting slanderous rumor about our pilot group and it's leadership, you might want to wait and see and know the facts.

So pilot brethren, now that this highly inflamatory statement is out there, here is what is true,

The Astar MEC was approached by management to take pay concessions to fly DHL's new 767ERS. We told them to pound sand, but have had further discussions with management to ascertain the validity of their claims. It's our understanding two other companies, EAT and Polar have been contacted as well, and we have sought to verify that as well. End of story for now.

Would we like to get them? You bet your your you know what. Are we suspicious of John Dasburg? You bet your you know what. Are we gonna do due dilligence? Yes maa'aam.

Back to negotiating YOUR contract. Good luck.

P.S. Flygirl - Since I first read this exact same post on F-Info, I figured I'd come over here and see if you ran all over tarnation with it. I was unpleasantly not surprised. It was beneath you.