View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Dadof6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Trunk Monkey
Default FDX thread

It may be you, but it's not JUST you--without getting too touchy-feely, I share the same thoughts. Breaking with tradition, I actually scanned the ALPA magazine last month...lo and behold, saw an article touting FDX pilots taking on Hong Kong and Paris...what a great deal the LOA was...I wanted to write a quick note to the editor telling them that the LOA was so great, we couldn't get enough of our 4700 folks on property to bid HKG FO, we were going to hire off the street to fill it. Propaganda in its truest form it was, and it made me nauseous to read it. (Then I burped and thought of something more useful to do with my time--like taking a nap!) Not sure who "they're" trying to impress, but those in the know, know differently. Sure hope the LOA "do-over" shows tangible improvement over v1.0 (as negotiated, typos and all), v2.0 (1000 lb shipping), v3.0 ($10K housing loan), and can't remember what other versions I've seen. Dudes...let's GET IT RIGHT this time! Oh, and who's bidding the 777 at normal WB pay? Not a problem for myself, Mr. Juniority, but I think I remember something similar with the original 757 cadre.