Thread: ATC process
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
WANNABE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Ray Blaszak View Post
I am really looking for a technical answer from somebody who has done ATC first hand. I have a few questions that I am looking to be answered:

1.First, in controller training do they give you basic explanations of pilots emergencies? I mean I watched 121.5 and the controller didn't know what a double vaccum loss what or what it meant. Yes, the pilot could of explained it to her but, thats what I am talking about.

2. Also, how does all the chaos in the air get coordinated? I know you talk to people on landlines and stuff but, how do you manage to control 50+ airplanes and talk to other controllers?

3. Also, what is a TRSA? I have a basic idea from what I learned in PPL training.

Any insight would be helpful.

1. NO! In fact one accident I am somewhat familiar with maybe the one you are refering to. C210 in WX reports loss of vacum pump. Controller says something about vacum cleaners or hoover or ??? Fatal but the attorneys loved it. $$$$$

2. Between transmissions. Have you heard them say " Say again, I was off line"? They were probably coordinating or ???

3. What Rickair said.