View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:57 AM
iarapilot
"blue collar thug"!

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A proponent of...

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
If you have read my posts you know I am not happy with Retro or the LOA.

But, that said, you and I should acknowledge the most senior ensured the anti-furlough sections in the contract are as robust as they are. Just as BC and DW allowed a poor LOA to be floated out for a vote, they could have floated out a lesser contract. This section is one of those that could have been different.

Whether it would have been right or wrong to do so is not my point. My point is we probably would have ratified a lesser contract if it had come our way.

DW wants to be thanked for those sections. No problem. A very heartfelt Thank you is order and you have it from me. If you read between the lines you can see he also would like us to treat his over 60 buds with more respect. I'm sure they have been writing him about the angry FOs. I support that too. We should treat everyone with respect unless they are a non-member.

But the LOA is still crappy.

Speaking of the LOA--Its inadequacy is about to give the company fits. We will not fill HKG. It will get a little better since it has to for the company to operate the domicile. The company and the union messed up with this one. Don't expect them to admit it. They know...
I do agree that the "furlough" section of the contract is pretty good. And, I applaud the negotiating of it. But, I dont necessarily give sole credit to "the most senior" guys for it. We are a team, eh!