View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:32 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Zippo pay protection if you bid a training period in conflict with a trip, it gets treated as a phase in conflict and you have the "opportunity" to make up the hours dropped from your line during the View/Add window.

Never been in your exact situation, but, assuming it's treated the same way as training away from your base contract looks like you should get a travel day to/from at 4.5 per day....so you've effectively traded a 31 hour trip for 18 hours of training pay. And if training pays the same way for you guys now, you won't get credit for it until the following bid month.

It's nice to be able to "bid" (and get) the exact training time I want, but, I sure do miss the old contract's pay protection for conflicts.

Personally, I bid my traing around my existing schedule and then drop the crap trip to level out the work days.

If I had done this in April, would make my April pay summary "look" like it was 9ish hours short. Net effect is my May 15th paycheck would "recoup" the 9 hours I didn't work in April, then add in the training pay for essentially no impact on the paycheck.

One exception, 25.C.11.d.iii.b, Have to be in your Grace month, unable to get a training slot IAW your seniority, and get scheduled into "known absence (e.g., vacation period, leave of absence, carry-out activities)" fall back looks like the old contract rules to me.

Last edited by kronan; 04-23-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added the exception