Thread: Flex vs. Net
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 10:23 AM
v1rotatay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
Way to dispell the NJ pilot arrogance stereotype. In what ways is Flex like a regional compared to NJ?

Pay? Base pay at Flex higher than NJ
Planes? We both fly pretty much the same airplanes
Schedule? Flex PBS needs work but at least there is a sort of PBS option along with 8/6 if you dont like the PBS
Union/Contract? How has that worked out?
I know, you have blazers to wear and Flex doesnt. +1 to NJ

Curious as to what you see as the advantage of NJ over Flex.?
Don't get me wrong, I'd have worked for either. But after going to FJ interview after Netjets, I was underwhelmed. Just on appearances. Felt like I was interviewing for a Regional not at Delta (where I am now). It's got a feel, and if you have never done it you'll never know. Just gotta take my word for it. There are many things I liked about FJ but when compared directly to NJA and with the CJOs for both, it made the choice a lot easier.

NJA: Well for one they gave us a tour of the entire complex. OCC, MX shop. Was pretty interesting to say the least. Put on a hiring expo, put us up in a decent Hilton where the hiring event was. Expensed our meals while we were there.

FJ: put me up in some dumpy Dallas airport hotel, interviewed us in a CAE classroom and gave a power point presentation. Then we were released to catch our flights home.
​​​​​​