View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
upndsky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Bebe Bus De L'Air Assistant Aerial Conveyance Facilitator

You're right, Carl. So based on your rationale, I'm having Lee Moake draft LOA 20 dictating that as soon as a NWA 747-400 captain hits 150 posts on APC, he gets displaced to MSP as a lav dumper. I'm understanding you correctly, aren't I, since you are under the belief that we can make changes to YOUR contract?

Wait, if DALPA can do this to NALPA, this must be a two-way street. Brilliant. Why don't you have your negotiating committee come up with an LOA that would decrease our pay rates by 50%, since you're so sure we're sticking it to you guys.

Seriously, Carl. I suggest you read Jay5150's post again explaining that the scope changes you keep referring to would apply to any carrier, not just NWA.

Yes, the changes to our contract have a very real impact on NWA operations, no question. And they were written with NWA in mind, no doubt. But they are still generic changes from a legal stand point. While they may impact you directly, the changes are indirect because they apply only to OUR contract, not yours. Semantics, perhaps, but when we're talking about legal documents, it's all about splitting the hairs. DALPA had no legal standing to negotiate a no-furlough clause for NWA pilots because that would have entailed a change to YOUR contract. Just as NALPA has no legal recourse to make a change to OUR contract.

And Lee's comment about ALL of us being Delta pilots when the merger closes, he's talking about being one in spirit, not as one pilot group in a legal sense. Until we can come up with a joint contract, of course.