View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 07:14 AM
merlinj79
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by PetrolBurner View Post
Hello all, I applied 7 weeks ago, had a meet and greet with a Seattle base Chief Pilot right away that went really well. But then radio silence. I've had a friend who's an Alaska Airlines pilot sponsor me with HR (there's an official process for that.) I still haven't gotten a call to interview and I'm wondering if there's anything left that I can do. Is my lack of 121 and jet time that much of a hurdle or do I just need to stay patient? I have 6500 TT, 4100 METPIC, college degree, instructor pilot at my current job and previous airline and companines and a bunch of other special mission qualifications. Alaska is my top choice but my timeline for the next few months makes me wonder if it's time to start pursuing number 2 and 3 on my personal list.
Best guess, the training department has been clogged up with airbus transition pilots for several months, since they just parked all the A321's. You would not be the only one who got impatient and pursued other options.

But they should be about done with airbus people, and they've said they're hiring many hundreds. I don't know how many applicants are waiting in the wings, or how long it might take to get around to them. I would think not too long, they're short FO's.