View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 12:01 AM
RidgeRun
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Looking for some ideas

I was not really sure what to post this under so here it is.

I’m just looking to possibly get some insight from people in the industry or bounce some ideas around that I might not have considered.

I recently was told after 2 days of Ground School to go home because the company was canceling all FO classes and we would be called back for preferential hiring when classes start back up in July/August (take that with a grain of salt).

I have my old job as a CFI available but am thinking about going to another company until I get the call (when ever that will be) to go back to class. Options are Commutair or something similar, a fractional company, or potentially the Guard.

I realize CFIing is the safest and will not burn any bridges and the Guard is a major commitment.

Any thoughts on how bad burning bridges would be to go train at a 121 company just to get some experience in a 121 operation flying turboprops and glass as a transition to jet when the original company starts hiring again. (The 121 or fractional would be done with the idea that as soon as I get the call from the company that just canned me I would go back with them regardless of where I am in training unless I really like the company)

Just throwing ideas out there and looking for feed back. Thanks.