View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
Carl I know your smarter than this! DALPA has the power to negotiate its own PWA whose scope sections have an ancillary effect on the operations of companies Delta does business with. It has no power to affect changes to your PWA or alter your companies operations beyond what is contained or omitted from the DALPA scope section.

Ergo, SCOPE EFFECTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ABILITY TO NEGOTIATE PAY AND BENEFITS FOR OTHER PILOT GROUPS.

By your rational DALPA should also negotiate pay and benefits for ASA, SkyWest, and Comair as DALPA's scope sections effect their operations as well.

I believe your logic is clouded by your misplaced frustrations. If you feel your interests aren't being protected than direct your ire at those who represent you and have the power (although so far not the desire) to get you what you want out of this merger. It's happening with or without us.
If that's what you need to rationalize what DALPA has done, so be it. If there is no agreement after the merger closes, capacity reductions are all but certain and any furloughs associated with that will be NWA pilots only. You would not have had the ability to do this without it being decided that Delta would be the acquiring carrier. Once that decision was made, DALPA pressed the advantage and obtained maximum leverage. It was a perfect way to treat an adversary or an enemy. It was no way to treat a soon to be "union brother."

So please, continue on thinking it was done only with the most altruistic of motives. There are dozens of DAL pilots here to continue the echo chamber. There's clearly nothing I can say that will make you see another side.

Carl