View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 03:40 AM
DC2Airmail
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Not a Sh** Stirrer.
Other Air Wis Pilots on here have stated that depending on the how the company is staffed, some weeks no pilots at all
will be given extra sims.

My company hired 2 of those, and they had no issues in training, and are great pilots.
Again, this week is # 3 that I'm helping, that I know about.

It seems like a very challenging program to get through, especially for your first Part 121 company.

This week, I'm helping the 3rd pilot I've encountered,asked to resign by Air Wis.
He did 10 sims, but was not given any extra sim. sessions.
He has 1500 hours, but no previous jet time.
It seems like they have a hight attrition rate.

Do they overhire, and then just keep the best of the new crop ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
i’ll piggy back on the above. Great airline with great training, but their FO classes are “full” by their standard. There probably won’t be a lot of extra training provided.
DC2Airmail is online now Report Post

Originally Posted by 1CRJDRVR View Post
I find this very hard to believe. I’m not sure whether you’re a sh-t stirrer or not. I’m a newbie here. I went through the syllabus and was completely overwhelmed and needed additional sim sessions. I was given an additional 5 and didn’t do very well. My sim instructor said he’d recommend more training but he kinda said a real snarky “I doubt you’ll make it through.” I was given an evaluation and was recommended for an additional 5 sim sessions. I had a really good instructor who got me through and I passed my ride on the first attempt. So if they get rid of someone after just 10 sessions, then there’s more to what you’re being told. You pretty much get three strikes. A strike would be if you failed a written in INDOC air Systems. Another strike would be repeating CPTs or additional training. Also a failed attempt at a checkride. And all of this was pretty recent. They will do whatever they need to in order to get one through. But sometimes there’s a point where they have to just say enough is enough. I’m glad I received the extra training. I learned a lot. Rather have that than a failure on a type ride or failing out of training altogether.