Thread: MBCBP
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 08:41 PM
Planetrain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
Thanks for the explanations - it still leaves me unsettled that I have no way to check that the balance in my account matches the contributions that Delta gives to Fidelity. Month to month comparisons are clouded by the compounding investment returns (that I can’t reconcile either, because it’s an unpublished phantom investment). I don’t see why this can’t be clearer on a monthly statement - I thought the plan was commingled funds, but still an “individual” account.

As a data point, I added the flight pay earnings for the 10/15+10/31 checks. My MBCBP balance is $4 less than 16% of flight pay. Am I adding wrong?
Edit: I re-read R&I 23-03 and see the “interest credits” aka the investment returns won’t appear on the Fidelity site until Dec 15. The timeline chart on page 2 clears it up some for me.
I was under the impression the current balance shown on the Fidelity site shows all company contributions AND investment returns since Oct. Guess I need to brush up on the terminology a little better.