Thread: Interview Coming up and Decisions to Make…

LBFO79 , 11-26-2023 05:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off
LBFO79
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2019
1. How flexible are the schedules? Very little flexibility. Hard to impossible to trade reserve days, and trading trips as a lineholder is much more difficult than it used to be.
-How easy is it to pick up trips? Easy as a lineholder. Harder as a reserve
-Can you try and stack your trips to maximize time off in the middle of the month? Yes, if you are senior enough and it can be legally built with the pbs and 117 constraints.
-Can you trade trips? Yes
-Can you give away trips? Yes, not to another reserve though.

2. How is it commuting on Reserve? 18 days of reserve per month, separate Long call and short call schedules.
-How is the utilization on Reserve? Long call generally flies more than short call. Varies month to month
-Can you pick up/trade trips that are during your reserve block so you know you are flying instead of sitting? No
-If a commuter on Long Call, is it safe to sit at home and wait to get the call? (I live in the DFW area) yes, LC is 12 hours currently . Short call does not have a specific time to report, just promptly available.

3. How long before one can hold DFW? Probably about 10 months minimum from DOH to get based in DFW
-How long to hold a line at DFW?guessing maybe 1.5 years, do t have to look up now.

4. I've heard that a little under 2 years can be awarded Captain... but how awful will that schedule be? You would not be DFW based at a 2 year upgrade. More likely MIA CA at 2 years. Will be on reserve. Seems like 737 is slightly more junior
-I know it'd likely be a commute to reserve for a good bit, but how long and how bad? Commuting at AA is not bad. Great commuter policy. Only need 1 flight (AA or non-AA)