View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 01:30 AM
firstflight85
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2023

Originally Posted by Cleared4appch View Post
interesting, I’ve always told people to get their CFI certificate anyway, but that’s probably the first time I’ve heard of a 135 freight operator requiring a CFI certificate to apply. Do you know what their reasoning is for that?
Your surprise about a 135 operator is as much as a surprise to me when I found out. I reached out to Ameriflight by calling them. For a while now, I have not seen any postings on their website for FO positions, so I went out my way. I was put in contact with the West Regional Chief Pilot. He asked me to send him my resume. Long story short, his reasoning for Ameriflight looking for candidates with CFI cert is......#1. Their personal preference, and #2. Because eventually they want that person eventually taking on leadership roles. IE ( a captain coaching and counseling, taking on leadership roles). I must say, I guess my 12-1/2 years in the military and four combat deployments is not suffecient enough..........and the previous roles in management at different jobs while obtaining both my Associates Degree and Bachelors degree. I fully understand that taking on leadership roles and moving up to a captain position at any airline or company is important, but seeing a candidate that already pocessess those qualities should also be taken into consideration.