View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:04 AM
ITSALLGOOD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Just happy to be here Boss!

Maybe this idea has been floated and I missed it, but what about a mix of DOH and relative seniority?? Would work like this:

Break up both lists by relative seniority in 5% groups. Top 5% of Delta list is integrated with top 5% of NWA list by DOH. Do the same for each 5% on down the line. Assuming it takes a significantly earlier DOH for a current NWA guy to hold the same relative position as a DAL guy, I see some of the pros and cons as follows:

Pros: A) For NWA guys, you could not lose relative seniority and most would actually gain 2-3%. You would also be senior to all the delta guys who currently hold the same relative seniority; therefore, you would advance ahead of your new DAL peers.
B) For DAL guys, most of you would find yourself senior to NWA guys hired before you. Because you hold a relative seniority about 5-10% greater than NWA folks with roughly the same DOH, most DAL guys would find themselves at the bottom of the 5% category they started in, but above NWA guys who were locked into the 5% category below them.

I.E. DAL DOH of Jul 1999 holds 72.5% would go no lower than 74.9%
while NWA DOH of Jul 1997 holds 77.5% would go no higher than 75.0 %
(Assuming a lower percentage is higher seniority, and dates and percentages are hypothetical).

Cons: A) Most NWA folks (accept top of list and bottom of list) will find themselves junior to DAL folks with DOH about 1-2 years after them.
B) Most DAL folks will give up 2-3% of relative seniority.

Bottom line, the seniority picture has changed...there will be some pain. The best way to absorb it is to spread it. I realize there are millions of little details, but I think this could be a workable framework....and it is very simple.

Is it even worth discussing???