Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by mking84 View Post
Who knows maybe this would be the best thing for out pilot group [XJT]. If we lost any additional flying it very well might be game over for us and the Jims. The idea of a buyout but makes me very nervous, but let's be honest, would it put any of us out of a job. It's way to early to speculate what will happen WHEN SKYW buys us, but I have alot of faith in our MEC, and our pilot group. It should just work out fine, taking us out of the competitive field, and letting the other regionals fight it out. Were not in a great place right now boys, lets accept reality. I just WISH mgmg. at XJT would start talking, instead of keeping their "mums the word" attitude.

On a lighter note maybe this is just the push Mesa needs to go bye bye!
Getting bought by SKW now would probably be good for you guys. Your union and contract would be unaffected...which is not the case if things turn south later and you enter ch.11 before being bought.

If you get bought now, the branded stuff might go away, but JA would probably have some other scheme in mind to utilize the assets. What that would be, I have no idea.