View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 06:40 PM
Puckpilot78
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by MaxQ View Post
I know of at least one scientist who posited that without the anti-vax campaign enough of the population would have gotten vaccinated to essentially make COVID 19 history. Instead it is still around and can still kill.
I lack the knowledge to say that he (she?) is correct, but based on our success with past vaccinations I find the assertion plausible.
Come on man, that sounds even more ridiculous than anything posted above. It maybe would make sense, if as were told initially that getting the vax would prevent you from getting covid at all. But we all know that isn't, and never was the case. Not to mention that no country on Earth, no matter how strict their protocols (see China) managed to come anywhere close to eradicating covid. This isn't polio, or smallpox. This type of SARS virus evolves into different variants as we well know, so by the time you've engineered a vaccine for one variant there's already more out there. At least it appears so far that as surmised by people in the know, the variants tend to become less lethal as they evolve and our immune systems are able to catch up and provide a better defense.