Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Bloodhound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: XJT CA

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
So you expect them to operate at a loss, ultimately resulting in the potential loss of tens of thousands of jobs??
... must be nice living in you make-believe fantasy world
There's more to it than that. A lot of the events between CAL and XJT over the last two years have been driven by not only business decisions but also mgmt. egos on both sides.

I was in a recent recurrent class and one of the reasonable and reliable upper mgmt types was in to speak and answer questions. It was stated that our most recent offer to CAL (I'm assume it's been rejected) was lower than any other offers and lower than any current CBA/contract. This is where Larry "the bean-counting bobble head" Kellner's ego comes in. He could have easily been a stand-up individual and said, "XJT, you thought you could play with the big dog. You finally realized that you can't and you need us. We'll take you up on your offer." I understand business decisions, like diversifying regional feeds and lowering costs. Instead, he is determined to erase XJT from existence.

Let me add that I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or live in paranoia land. In fact, I'm usually naively optimistic. But not in this case.

Last edited by Bloodhound; 04-25-2008 at 01:24 PM.