Gets Weekends Off
Flyboyrw
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2007
  • Position
    Lawn Chair
Quote: It's that whole "pay up front" thing that gets me. What happens when you shell out thousands of dollars and the training doesn't happen?
The training will happen... The way to do it is plan on 2 more days (at least) then what they tell you down there at sheble's. I noticed several people plan for those strict 8 days or whatever it is, and not be able to finish it up. I don't think most people down there finish it in 8, it is usually 9 or 10. The scheduling sucks, it is all done each day in the late afternoon for the next day. MX seems to fix stuff when it breaks, but it seems to break a lot. If the 172rg breaks, then you have to mooney and visa versa. If you go prepared you will be alright. If you don't cut yourself short of the knowledge you will come out fine. If you go down there and expect to learn how to be a CFI in 8 days, good luck it is going to be brutal.
Oh, and I heard Senior is on his last medical, which expires in june or july or something. After he is gone from Sheble, all CFI rides will be done up in Vegas with the fsdo and their de's.
Go for it, good luck.... and enjoy Beautiful, Historic ...Kingman.