View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 08:15 PM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by 121noob View Post
I don't mind that and have no problem learning the ropes of 121 world at a regional for a bit, but I really want to get to the big 3 asap for obvious reasons. If I can bypass the regionals I want to. But I also know there is a lot of knowledge to be gained at the regionals during a short stint too.
VERY few pilots with your resume are getting hired at the larger majors. Probably zero at the Big 3.

I don't get the desire to bypass the regionals. Get more training, fly a new jet, a larger jet, and make yourself better. Showing ability to go through training and pass a 121 type rating course is a solid resume improvement.Improving your resume instead of focusing on a way to 'avoid the regionals' is a better plan. Apply to EVERYONE that improves your resume if you are flexible enough. I had 5 jobs in the first 5 years of my career...including 2.5 yrs at one company. Could you get hired by a major right now? It's a low probaiblty shot. You have to take the shot but improving your resume will improve your odds of the low Pk shot.