Thread: When to apply
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 04:48 PM
Bricky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: E175 first officer

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
Until Republic changes their employment contract or it gets overturned by the courts... you shouldn't bother (Only exceptions are living in a base only served by Republic and being okay with missing the hiring wave and being stuck at Republic for a large portion of your career).
-instead you should continue instructing in a 172. Eventually jobs will start up again (maybe in a year or to?) and you'll be much more competitive with 2000-3000 hours of CFI'ing than 1000+ turbine /s lolz

Nobody that tells you to skip the contract is willing to pay you $90K and give you ME jet time.
The boom is over, 0 hour folks ain't going to majors anymore. Regionals aren't hiring. FlexJet just raised there mins to 3000 and NetJet will be next. But the advice to wait for a major or even another regional keeps getting repeated.

I took the contract so I'm not a burden or making a third of my base salary. I have a lot of turbine time and I'll be marketable when the market turns.

Contract stay or go? Don't know bro. May be overruled by the court or it may stand at a lower amount. Whatevs - I'll be marketable and have most of my bills paid off.

OP most my class applied at 1000-1100 hours and less than 6 months to get the rest.
​​​