View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 06:29 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by FL370esq View Post
I had the same kinda thing happen to me during a vacation in a reserve month of '18. (The John Bell reserve calculator made a compelling case for reserve). Phone rings with a 404 number and I thought it might be a training planner calling about bounces. Nope. It's scheduling. They had an inverse assignment for me. Rather entertaining conversation ensued. "You do??" "Yes...trip xxxx reporting tomorrow morning at xx:xx." "You do know I am on vacation right now, correct?* "Yes we do ...that's why we are calling. We are in inverse assignment and you are the only one available." "But I am on vacation...how are you going to pay me?" "Just like the contract says, straight pay over your guarantee and PB days for you interrupted vacation days." "Are you sure that's in the contract?" "We really need you to fly this rotation." "Did I mention I am on vacation? Not sure how you even got my number but....thanks anyway "

They ended up awarding the trip as an IAWC. Guess I missed an amendment to "their coverage ladder" where pilots on days of vacation come before IAWC. That's some MLF right there. No lunkers that time though. 🤣
23.M.7. We do what we want clause.